- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Lucy M. Medley, 94, of Jackson died Saturday, Sept. 3, 2005, at Jackson Manor Nursing Home.
She was born Jan. 14, 1911, in Oak Ridge, daughter of Brown and Cora Ann Hartle Clippard. She was an assembly line worker at Florsheim Shoe Company in Cape Girardeau for over 46 years and married Paul B. Medley Jan. 19, 1930. He died Feb. 24, 1963.
Survivors include a son, Paul B. Medley II of Kodak, Tenn.; a daughter, Marti Strickland of Jackson; three grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; three great-grandchildren; one great step-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by six brothers and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 1:30 to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson. A graveside funeral will follow at 2 p.m. with Dr. Fred Burgard officiating.