- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Loraine S. Aldrich, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Sept. 3, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born April 13, 1924, in Haverhill, Mass., the daughter of the late Ralph S. and Florence Hamel Osgood. She married Kenneth E. Aldrich Nov. 22, 1945, in Haverhill. She worked for the U.S. Naval Dispensary in Portmouth, N.H., and also as a secretary at Southeast Missouri State University. She received interdisciplinary and anthropology degrees from Southeast and was of the Catholic faith.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Russell E. Aldrich of St. Petersburg, Fla. and Steven V. Aldrich of Fulton, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother, two sisters and a grandchild.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Burial will be at a later date at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo.