- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Ivis L. Waddle, 80, of Delta died Sunday, Sept. 4, 2005, at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 6, 1925, in Delta, son of the late Jake Waddle and Mabel Sullinger.
He retired as a heavy equipment operator with Local 513 in St. Louis, Mo. and served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He was a member of the Whitewater Masonic Lodge and Lighthouse Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. He graduated from Delta High School in 1944. In 1963, he married Maymie Walton. She died in 1993.
Survivors include a son, Larry Waddle of Advance, Mo.; two daughters, Janet Hester of Delta and Cathy Salazar of Delana, Calif.; two stepsons, Larry LaGrand of Oran, Mo., and Gary LaGrand of Herrin, Ill.; a stepdaughter, Debbie Powell of Granite City, Ill.; a stepdaughter-in-law, Terry Musooka of Omaha, Neb.; a brother, Truman Waddle of Whitewater, Mo.; eight grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; seven stepgrandchildren; nine great- stepgrandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance with a masonic service at 7 p.m. Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home with the Rev. David Pringle officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.