- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Smith places fourth in 400 at DecaNation
Southeast Missouri State junior Miles Smith placed fourth in the 400-meters while running for the United States team at Saturday's DecaNation international track and field meet in Paris, France.
Team USA placed third in the eight-nation meet.
Smith, a member of Team USA's gold medal 1,600-meter relay team at the recent World Championships, timed 46.11 second to place fourth in France.
Leslie Djlione of France was first in 45.76 seconds, followed by Antonio Reina of Spain (45.98), Piotr Klimczak of Poland (46.17) and Smith.
Rounding out the field were Andrea Barberi of Italy (fifth, 46.30), Yeogein Leledeo of Russa (sixth, 46.59), Bo Jiang of China (seventh, 47.02) and Andre Fernandez of Great Britain (eighth, 47.03).
France won the men's team competition with 48 points, followed by Poland (44), U.S. (42.5), Russia (41), Great Britain (36.5), Italy (32), Spain (31) and China (19).