- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cardinals call up six from minors
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals added six players to the roster for the final month of the season on Monday, including the son of pitching coach Dave Duncan.
The Cardinals purchased the contract of first basesman Chris Duncan from Triple-A Memphis. They recalled outfielders Skip Schumaker and John Gall and pitchers Anthony Reyes, Randy Flores and Adam Wainwright.
Reyes could get a few spot starts as the Cardinals set up their rotation for the postseason.
Last year the Cardinals recalled only three players from Memphis, catcher Cody McKay and pitchers Al Reyes and Carmen Cali.