- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Sarah Jo Gowen and Chad Bennie Upchurch were united in marriage July 16, 2005, at St. John's Catholic Church. The Rev. Bill Huggins performed the ceremony. Organist was Sara Ritter of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the bride. Vocalists were Mary Jansen, Bob and Jean Clubb, Sharon Van de Ven, Jo Ellen Jansen, Cindy Jansen, Leanne Jansen, and Elaine Stroder, all of Leopold.
The bride is the daughter of Don and Donna Gowen of Leopold. The groom is the son of Robert and Beverly Upchurch of Marble Hill, Mo.
Maid of honor was Dana Nenninger of Marble Hill, cousin of the bride. Bridesmaids were Amanda Stoverink of Leopold, and Megan Elfrink of Harvest, Ala., cousin of the bride.
Todd Upchurch of Marble Hill was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Justin Underwood of Calhoun, Ky., and Danny Gowen of Leopold, brother of the bride. Ushers were Uriah Upchurch of Marble Hill, cousin of the groom, and Greg Lincoln of Jackson, cousin of the bride.
Candlelighters were Amanda Lincoln of Jackson, cousin of the bride, and Gwen Long of Marble Hill.
Flower girls were Alexis and Sidney Upchurch of Marble Hill, nieces of the groom. Ringbearer was Matthew Gowen of Marble Hill, nephew of the bride.
Guest book attendants were Andrea Bueter and Caitlin Petty of Leopold, cousins of the bride.
A dinner and dance reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Leopold. Servers were Samantha Bueter, Rachel Crader and Mary Beth Bohnsack, all of Leopold; Sandy Perreand of Chesterfield, Mo., and Tracy Trentham of St. Peters, Mo., both cousins of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 15 at First Baptist Family Life Center.
Mrs. Upchurch is a 2000 graduate of Leopold High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in sports management from Southeast Missouri State University in 2005. She is an account executive at the Banner Press in Marble Hill.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of Woodland High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in agriculture from Murray State University in Murray, Ky., in 2005. He is an agriculture teacher in the Bloomfield School District at Bloomfield, Mo.
After a wedding trip to Myrtle Beach, S.C., the couple is residing in Marble Hill.