- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dr. Mary Kathryn Barbour and Adam Christopher Bertrand exchanged vows June 11, 2005, at Centenary United Methodist Church. Dr. Clayton Smith performed the ceremony. Scriptures were read by Michael Price and Jim Burns of Cape Girardeau.
Music was provided by Beverly Reece, organist; Marc Fulgham, trumpeter; and Trio Girardeaux, all of Cape Girardeau. Vocalists were Mr. and Mrs. Denny Reeves of Cape Girardeau, and soloist was Dennis Browning of New Haven, Mo., uncle of the groom.
The bride is the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Richard J. Swartz of Cape Girardeau and Mr. and Mrs. R. Kevin Barbour of Poplar Bluff, Mo. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. David Bertrand of Cape Girardeau.
The bride was escorted by her father and stepfather.
Matron of honor was Julie Ogles of Memphis, Tenn. Bridesmaids were Christy Barbour, sister-in-law of the bride, and Andrea Lovelace, both of Poplar Bluff; Cassie Koch of Cape Girardeau, Bethany Caulfield and Joy Steenkamp of Jackson, Miss.
Ben Bertrand served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Mitch Ogles of Memphis, Chris Bradshaw of Cape Girardeau, Michael Minner of Charleston, Mo., Ross Bennett of Kansas City, and R. Kevin Barbour Jr., brother of the bride. Ushers were Trae Bertrand of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom; Tatum Kitchen, Greg Kraft and Matt Knoderer, all of Cape Girardeau, Aaron Dohogne of St. Louis, Tyler Coggin of Jacksonville, Ala., Will Jacks of Heflin, Ala., and Jason Warren of Centre, Ala.
Candlelighters were Shannon Parrish of Denver, Colo., and Shelley Black of Houston, Texas, stepsisters of the bride.
Taylor Barbour of Poplar Bluff, niece of the bride, was flower girl.
Communion was offered by Dr. Smith and the bride and groom.
Guest book attendants were Megan Goncher, cousin of the groom, and Jennifer Bradshaw, both of Cape Girardeau. Program attendant was Jenny Goncher of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom.
The reception was held at the Plaza Conference Center, hosted by the bride's parents. Servers were Betsy and Christy Hogan.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 10 at their home.
Mrs. Bertrand is a 1999 graduate of Central High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in pharmaceutical sciences in May 2003 and a doctor of pharmacy in May 2005, both from the University of Mississippi at Oxford. She is employed by Schnucks Markets Pharmacies in St. Louis.
The groom is a 1998 graduate of Central High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in bio-medical science from Auburn University in Auburn, Ala., in December 2004. He is a surgical supply representative in St. Louis with Zimmer-Smith.
After a wedding trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico, the couple is residing in St. Louis.