- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Kara Lynne Finley and Michael Todd Skelton exchanged vows June 18, 2005, at Grace United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Scott Moon performed the ceremony. Organist was Susan Hatley of Cape Girardeau; pianists were Hatley and Terry Tate of Ironton, Mo.; and soloists were Mike Dumey of Cape Girardeau and Ashley Tate of Jackson.
The bride is the daughter of Jim and Jo Ella Finley of Ironton, Mo. The groom is the son of Bill and Paula Skelton of Scott City.
Maids of honor were Lauren Phelps of Dallas, Texas, and Elizabeth Harmon of Virginia Beach, Va., cousins of the bride. Bridesmaids were Ashley Tate, Hydi Andrews of Jackson, and Meredith Busch of Cape Girardeau.
Jeff Skelton of Atlanta, Ga., served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Joe Frey and Jim Talley of Scott City, Jim May of Cape Girardeau, and Kris Finley of Los Angeles, Calif., brother of the bride. Ushers were Jim Gloth of Scott City, Eric and Brent Anderson of Cape Girardeau, Matt Cox, Matt Holder and Brian Mashek, all of Scott City.
Candlelighters were Lorrin Lynn and Susan Zimmer of Cape Girardeau.
Catherine Moreton of Cape Girardeau attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City. Servers were Anne-Marie Bernhardt, Allison Bode, Rachel Berry, Kaeli Kimes, Emily Williams, Rebecca Rollins, Andrea Wilson, Kerry Thell, Taylor McMillan, Mary Grace DeLine, Kathryn Renfrow, Catherine Moreton, Annette Hammond, Julie Mothershead, Janna Trautwein, Anna Bowles and Nicole Gaither.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 17 at Dexter Bar-B-Que in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Skelton is a 1987 graduate of Arcadia Valley High School in Ironton. She received a bachelor of arts degree in dance from Stephens College in Columbia, Mo., in 1992, and a teacher certification in secondary English from Southeast Missouri State University in 1998. She is owner and instructor at Academy of Dance Arts in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 1986 graduate of Scott City High School. He attended Murray State University in Murray, Ky., and Southeast University. He is a sales consultant at Wieser Honda in Cape Girardeau.
After a wedding trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.