- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
APPLE CREEK, Mo. -- Barbara V. Buchheit, 93, of Apple Creek died Saturday, Sept. 3, 2005, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born Sept. 8, 1911, at Apple Creek, daughter of Anton M. and Barbara Bohnert Unterreiner. She and Edwin O. Buchheit were married Feb. 25, 1936, at Apple Creek. He preceded her in death.
Buchheit was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church, Apple Creek and the Ladies of St. Joseph.
Survivors include a daughter, Jeanette Klobe of Perryville, Mo.; three sons, Monsignor Richard Buchheit of St. Louis, Lawrence Buchheit, Leo Buchheit, both of Apple Creek; two sisters, Wilma Buchheit and Theresa Moore, both of Perryville; a brother, Paul Unterreiner of Perryville; 12 grandchildren; and 21 great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Visitation will continue from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Wednesday; the rosary will be at 9 a.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Apple Creek, with the Rev. Anthony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in St. Michael's Cemetery at Apple Creek.