- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- John Marion Livingston, 71, of Chaffee died Saturday, Sept. 3, 2005, at Chaffee Nursing Home.
He was born Sept. 22, 1933, in Swinton, Mo., daughter of Marion and Eldora Ellen Elledge. He and Evelyn Terrell were married in 1953. She died March 21, 1958. He and Christine Jenkins were married Jan. 29, 1960. She died Nov. 17, 1974.
He was a retired truck driver employed by McDonald Concrete. Livingston served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include four sons, Johnnie Livingston of Whitewater, Michael Livingston of Advance, Mo., Joe Livingston of Chaffee, Gary Livingston of Sikeston, Mo.; a daughter, Jewell Estes of Perryville, Mo.; two stepsons, Mike Evans of Sikeston, Hubert Evans of Bertrand; a sister, Jewell Michael of Cape Girardeau; 10 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Home in Chaffee at 10 a.m. Monday.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Darrell Jones officiating. Burial will be in Rock Point Cemetery near Swinton.