- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CAIRO, Ill. -- Warden L. Grace, 65, of Cairo died Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005, at Hillcreek Manor Nursing Home in Louisville, Ky.
He was born Dec. 31, 1939, in Cairo, son of Wardell and Marion Nelms Grace.
Grace retired as a truck driver with Anna Ready Mix Co. in Urbandale, Ill. He was a member of American Legion Post 460.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Vietnam War.
Survivors include four sons, Warren Grace of Pellham, Ala., Barry and Vaughn Grace of Cullman, Ala., Teddy Grace of Fort Knox, Ky.; a daughter, Cheri Ortiz of Cullman; a brother, Paul Grace of Illinois; a sister, Sue Merritt of Cape Girardeau; 10 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a son.
Friends may call at Urbandale Community Chapel from 10 to 11 a.m. today.
A graveside service will be held at 11:30 a.m. today at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill., with a military chaplain officiating. Military honors will also be conducted.
Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge is in charge of arrangements.