- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
St. Vincent drops opener to Priory
Defending Class 1 state champion St. Vincent fell 21-9 to Class 2 school Priory on Friday night in Perryville.
The Indians (0-1) had won 11 straight games to conclude last season with the school's first state championship.
Malden 28, Scott City 6
Malden built a 22-0 halftime lead on the visiting Rams, which scored in the fourth quarter on quarterback Jamie Pinkston's 51-yard run.
Pinkston ended the night 3-for-8 for 33 yards passing. He was sacked five times.
Running back Jonathan Barr rushed for 66 yards on 12 carries.
Malden racked up 278 yards of rushing for first-year coach Gary Blaylock. Kalem Reid had 98 yards on four carries and one touchdown in the first half.
Windsor 19, Perryville 0
Host Windsor racked up 234 yards of rushing offense and attempted just two passes to avenge last year's season-opening loss to Perryville.
Ben Faulkenberry rushed 12 times for 113 yards, including a 70-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. He scored again in the third. Luke Schlechte added a 41-yard run.
Perryville suffered four turnovers, including three interceptions and one lost fumble.
The Pirates (1-0) were led offensively by quarterback Jacob Hayden, who threw for 97 of Perryville's 125 total yards. He completed 6 of 14 passes and tossed two interceptions.
Kris Cottner was responsible for the third interception.
Ryan Regelsperger had three receptions for 65 yards, and Travis Brown caught one 19-yard pass.
Travis Brown rushed for 21 yards on eight carries, and Cottner carried 11 times for 15 yards.
Waylon Sparkman had 12 tackles for the Pirates, and Ryan Webb added eight.
-- From staff reports