- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)13
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
ANNA, Ill. -- Edna M. Newberry, 94, of Anna died Thursday, Sept. 1, 2005, at City Care Center.
She was born Feb. 19, 1911, at Cobden, Ill., daughter of Tom and Hannah Nance Adams. She and Casey Newberry were married in 1926 in Union County, Ill. He died Oct. 1, 1947.
Newberry was a member of Immanuel Baptist Church in Cobden.
Survivors include two daughters, Mildred Gibbons and Joann Brimm of Cobden; four sons, Collin Newberry of Dongola, Ill., Bobby Newberry of Anna, Donald Newberry of Lombard, Ill., Roger Newberry of Cobden; two brothers, Bobby Adams of Cobden, Virgil Adams of El Paso, Texas; three sisters, Mary Cook of Anna, Ruth Birdsong of St. Louis, Marge Pratt of McLeansboro, Ill.; 23 grandchildren; 40 great-grandchildren; and 10 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, four sisters, three brothers and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donald Pearson officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.