- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Melville A. Welker, 94, of Millersville died Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2005, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 24, 1911, near Millersville, son of Amos C. "Doc" and Stella Bedwell Welker.
Welker attended Old Salem and Millersville schools. He had been a farmer, and was a member of Old Salem United Methodist Church.
Survivors include cousins.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson from 10 a.m. to service time today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Revs. Charles Newell and Calvin Brown officiating. Burial will be in Old Salem United Methodist Church Cemetery.