- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CAIRO, Ill. -- Dorothy L. Reasons, 85, of Cairo died Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2005, at Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, Ky.
She was born Dec. 2, 1919, in Bardwell, Ky., daughter of Robert and Thelma Lee Halteman. She married Delbert Reasons, who preceded her in death.
Reasons was an inspector 22 years with M. Snower and Co. in Cairo. She was a member of Tigert Memorial United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Dianne Reasons of Waynesboro, Va.; a sister, Patsy Simmons of Cairo; and two brothers, Joe Halteman of Wickliffe, Ky., and Keith Halteman of Carbondale, Ill.
She was preceded in death by a son and two sisters.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 10 a.m. to service time Sunday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kelly Cox officiating. Burial will be in Rose Lawn Cemetery at Bardwell.