- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Rev. Anthony Johnson
The Rev. Anthony Wayne Johnson, 57, of Spring, Texas, died Monday, Aug. 29, 2005, at Houston Northwest Medical Center in Houston, Texas.
He was born Feb. 21, 1948, in Cairo, Ill., son of J.D. and Pauline Bennett Johnson. He and Karen Robinson were married June 30, 1972.
Johnson had been pastor at First Free Will Baptist Church in Olive Branch, Ill., and Bethlehem Baptist Church at Crump. He retired in 1995 after 30 years in the ministry.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Kristina Johnson of Spring; his father of Olive Branch; a brother Daniel Johnson of Ocotillo Wells, Calif.; and a sister, Debra Johnson of Olive Branch.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill McDonald officiating. Burial will be in Trinity Lutheran Cemetery at Egypt Mills.