- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sports briefs 9/2/05
* Defensive tackle Corey Simon, cut by the Philadelphia Eagles, agreed to a multiyear contract Thursday with Indianapolis in what could be a big boost for the Colts' defense.
The Eagles removed the franchise tag on the former first-round draft pick Sunday, making him an unrestricted free agent. The negotiations with the Colts didn't take long, agent Roosevelt Barnes said.
Barnes said he finished the deal "in principle" with Colts president Bill Polian on Thursday morning and that Simon, who has 32 sacks in his five-year NFL career, would probably be in Indianapolis today for a physical.
Simon was the Eagles' first-round pick and the sixth overall selection in the 2000 draft, out of Florida State. In five seasons with Philadelphia, he had 270 tackles and 32 sacks.