- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Morlan Dodge plans relocation, expansion
SIKESTON -- The Morlan Dodge auto dealership is going to have a new home. John and Autry Morlan have completed the purchase of the 10-acre former Kmart site along Main Street for the new Morlan Dodge Supercenter.
Work has begun on renovations and the business plans to move from its Main Street location later this year. According to John Morlan, the 94,000-square-foot building will be completely remodeled to provide a showroom with enough space for 25 cars.
There will be a play area for children and a small cafe.
The service department will be enclosed, and when a customer brings a vehicle in for service, it will remain under roof until the customer returns.
"When this is finished, this will make us the largest dealership between St. Louis and Memphis," said Autry Morlan, about the Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep dealership that has been in Sikeston since April 1999.
The Morlans anticipate the dealership's inventory will double with the move to the new site.
Photo by Tim Jaynes