- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Missouri Southern Healthcare signs new emergency room contract
DEXTER -- More than 1,000 patients a month enter the doors of the Missouri Southern Healthcare (MSH) Emergency Room in Dexter. Those patients are seeing new staff.
A new management team, EDCare, has been hired to oversee the Emergency Room.
EDCare, which has overseen more than 100 rural, community and suburban hospital emergency departments, was selected by MSH and signed the contract in May.
"We are impressed with the hands-on approach used by EDCare," MSH CEO John Graves said. "Their founder and many of their top level management people are emergency physicians with decades of extensive experience. They understand the ED does not stand alone from the rest of the hospital, but rather is an integral part of our operation, and they are very active with the hospitals with whom they work."
EDCare has hired four new physicians: Alywin Kluttz, M.D., of Sikeston; internal medicine specialist Nabil Majid of Bloomfield; Cape Girardeau internist and pediatrician Michael Clippard of Dexter; and Luis Robles, M.D., who has published articles on ailments such as cancer, internal medicine and hypertension. He only physician carried over from the former administration.
The emergency department at MSH operates around the clock and uses the services of nearly 70 physicians specializing in emergency medicine, trauma, family practice, internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, cardiology and radiology.