- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Saint Francis breaks ground on new health center
A groundbreaking for Saint Francis Medical Center's new $19.7 million health center was held May 13, marking the beginning of construction for the facility that is expected to be completed by fall 2004.
About 75 community members, employees and board members attended the groundbreaking for the new Health and Wellness Center, what the hospital describes as a medically integrated fitness facility.
The four-story, 134,000-square-foot center will integrate outpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, health and wellness programs and fitness center services.
According to a hospital news release, this approach provides an effective continuum of care for patients in therapy, athletes working to improve performance and adults wanting to get in shape regardless of their capabilities or health status.
Proximity to the Catholic-based hospital will support appropriate cross-referral of patients and cost-effective sharing of equipment and personnel.
FitnessPlus, a medical fitness center within the new Health and Wellness Center, will offer services to fit various health profiles and fitness goals of each person served. Features of the new facility include a four-lane lap pool, exercise pool, warm water therapy pool, co-ed whirlpool, exercise studios, contemporary locker rooms with saunas and steam rooms, family changing rooms and a deli.