- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
TAN awarded tech support contract for defense center
SCOTT CITY -- Technology And Networking Inc. (TAN) is the winner of the latest technical support contract for the Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) in Mechanicsburg, Penn.
According to Jason Eftink, president of TAN, the government needed a company to provide technical support for the installation of data and power cables for 50 server racks and additional supporting equipment at the DECC.
Due to the urgent needs of the DECC, this requirement was to be completed in a four-week time frame with the contractor providing all required parts, labor, materials, tools, equipment, services and supervision.
Technology And Networking was awarded the contract and began work June 9.
"We have assembled a 15-member team of highly skilled and motivated personnel to accomplish this task in the time allotted," said Eftink. "Our goal now is to finish ahead of schedule and to add this project to our growing past performance resume."
Technology And Networking is primarily a service company divided into two distinct areas -- structured cabling solutions and specialized services. The specialized services area is focused on edge technology, configuration and security (firewalls, routers, switches, etc.) Both areas provide end-to-end solutions including consulting and implementation.
Started in August 1997, Technology And Networking is an Illinois-based corporation and registered as a foreign corporation in Missouri and Kansas. Its customer base includes commercial and government, focused primarily on the central United States.