- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Virginia Ehlers Dusablon, 85, of Staunton, Ill., and formerly of Sikeston, Mo., died Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at the Heritage Manor Nursing Home in Staunton.
She was born Feb. 1, 1918, at Oelwein, Iowa, the daughter of Julius and Martha Ellisat Ehlers. She married Paul Dusablon on Sept. 3, 1939, at Maynard, Iowa. He preceded her in death on May 23, 1993.
She worked as a legal secretary in Sikeston and retired from the Missouri Division of Employment Service. She was a member of Hope Lutheran Church in Jerseyville, Ill.
She is survived by two sons, Paul Dusablon Jr. of St. Louis and Arthur Dusablon of Carmi, Ill.; a daughter, Yvonne Mitkos of Staunton; a sister, V. Clara Harrison of Iowa City, Iowa; 12 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
She also was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter, a grandson, five brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. Saturday to the time of services at the Jamison-Schmitz Funeral Home in Maynard.
The funeral will be at noon Saturday at the funeral home with the Rev. Dr. Leslie Mitkos officiating.
Burial will be at Long Grove Cemetery at Maynard.