- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Lonnie G. Townsend, 47, of Denver, Colo., died Friday, June 6, 2003, in Denver.
He was born Feb. 16, 1956, in St. Louis, son of Casper and Lois Barks Townsend. He and Susan Ann Kiefer were married Sept. 16, 1979.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Anita Schraetzlmayer of Denver; a son, Charles Townsend of Denver; two brothers, Ronnie Townsend of Jackson, Glen Townsend of Oak Ridge; two sisters, Jeannie Hardy of Houston, Texas, Donna Elder of Jackson; and stepfather, Bill LaBruyere of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his parents, grandparents, and a stepson.
The funeral was held at 3 p.m. Wednesday at Olinger Crown Hill Mortuary in Wheat Ridge, Colo.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday at the Salvation Army in Cape Girardeau.