- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mizes observe golden event
Mr. and Mrs. James C. Mize of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary July 3, 2005, at their home.
A reception was hosted by their children, Steve and Sandy Mize, Linda and Bobby Miller, and Anita Mize, and a granddaughter, Heather Mize-Hale and husband Matt.
Mize and Loretta Briscoe were married July 5, 1955, in Poplar Bluff, Mo., by the Rev. Noah F. Mitchell. Their attendants were Virginia Briscoe, sister of the bride, and Wayne Mize, brother of the groom.
The couple has 12 grandchildren, Heather Mize-Hale, Garrett Mize, Daron Wilkinson, Casey Borgfield, Amy and Quentin Miller, Devin, Alicia and Travis Bell, Justin Borgfield, Jessica Wilkinson and Dana Reno.