- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Cleo Mae Berkbigler, 88, of Perryville died Thursday, Aug. 18, 2005, at her home.
She was born Dec. 14, 1916, in Perry County, Mo., daughter of Isadore and Mary Klemp Weinkein. She and Louis B. Berkbigler were married Nov. 25, 1947, at Highland, Mo. He died Jan. 10, 1992.
Berkbigler had worked at International Shoe Co. She was a member of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Survivors include a daughter, Vona Lappe of Perryville; and two granddaughters.
She was preceded in death by a sister and four brothers.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at Miller Family Funeral Home, with Elder Ivan James officiating.