- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Goldie Elizabeth Asher, 82, of Chaffee died Friday, Aug. 19, 2005, at the Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Feb. 7, 1923, the daughter of Robert Eugene McBride and Sophia Frances Stuppy McBride. She married Dennis LaCroix Sr. on Oct. 3, 1941. He died Oct. 31, 1976. On Nov. 4, 1978, she married Virgil Clyde Asher. He died July 28, 1993.
She was a member of First United Methodist Church in Chaffee. She had lived in Chaffee since 1967, moving from Scott City.
Asher is survived by a son, Edward LaCroix of Virginia Beach, Va.; three daughters, Carol Matteson of West Port, Wash., Maujeva Overfield of Chaffee and Dee LaCroix of Scott City; nine grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, four brothers, three sisters, one grandchild and one great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee with the Revs. Marty Blakey and Don Leggett officiating.