- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
Visit home shows off area's gains
To the editor:
I spent this last weekend visiting my parents' home in Benton, Mo. We made several trips to Cape Girardeau and surrounding areas. I may be a bit prejudiced, but I think that this area looks excellent. I always see some changes, some good and some not. But your area looks like heaven to some of us who care. Thanks to everyone involved in making Cape Girardeau what it is. Thanks, Southeast Missouri.
DAVID BOLLINGER, Laporte, Ind.