- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Visit home shows off area's gains
To the editor:
I spent this last weekend visiting my parents' home in Benton, Mo. We made several trips to Cape Girardeau and surrounding areas. I may be a bit prejudiced, but I think that this area looks excellent. I always see some changes, some good and some not. But your area looks like heaven to some of us who care. Thanks to everyone involved in making Cape Girardeau what it is. Thanks, Southeast Missouri.
DAVID BOLLINGER, Laporte, Ind.