- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Junior Lavern "Red" Lang, 76, of Anna died Saturday, Aug. 13, 2005, at the home of a son in Jonesboro, Ill.
He was born May 14, 1929, in Christopher, Ill., son of Samuel and Clara Duty Lang. He and Doris Nicholson were married April 30, 1963. She died July 6, 1993.
Lang retired as a mechanic from Anna Quarry. He was a former member of Engineers Local 318.
Survivors include four daughters, Janet Lawrence of Memphis, Tenn., Beverly Tanner of Jonesboro, Barbara Lindsey of Iowa, Molly Lang of Carbondale, Ill.; three sons, Larry Lang of Jonesboro, Sammy Lang of Ironton, Mo., Joe Lang of Vienna, Ill.; two brothers, Carrol and Clarence Lang of Dongola; 16 grandchildren, including Jim Daniels of Anna whom he raised.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two sisters.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gene Hart officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.