- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)9
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Jackson Board of Aldermen action 8/16/05
n A public hearing was held to consider the voluntary annexation petition of Donkers Inc. for 36.76 acres of property along Harmony Lane and Zschille Road, known as future Terrace Park Estates Subdivison.
* A public hearing was held to consider the 2005 library tax rate, as proposed to be set by the mayor and board of aldermen.
* A public hearing was held to consider the 2005 tax rates for general revenue, park and recreation, cemetery and band, as proposed to be set by the mayor and board of aldermen.
Power and Light Committee
* Passed a motion authorizing a donation of $2,500 to the Jackson Senior Center for services provided to the citizens of Jackson.
* Passed a motion approving task order authorization No. 05-13, in the amount of $4,650, to Koehler Engineering & Land Surveying Inc. of Cape Girardeau regarding engineering services under the 34.5 kV transmission line (Wedekind Substation to East Main Street) Project.
* Passed a motion approving task order authorization No. 05-14, in the amount of $5,900, to Allen and Hoshall, of Memphis, Tenn., regarding right of way acquisition services under the 34.5 kV transmission line (Wedekind Substation to East Main Street) Project.
* Passed a bill proposing an ordinance authorizing a contractual agreement with Blakely and Associates Consulting Engineers Inc. of Chillicothe, Mo., regarding engineering services under the master services agreement for professional engineering services.
* Passed motion approving task order authorization No. 05-12, in the amount of $19,500 (excluding expenses), to Blakely and Associates Consulting Engineers Inc. regarding engineering services under the power plant generation modifications project.
* Passed a bill proposing an ordinance adopting Chapter 1, Article VIII of the code of ordinances.
* Passed a bill proposing an ordinance establishing and approving the 2005 tax rates.
* Passed bill proposing an ordinance authorizing a cost participation agreement with the Jackson Industrial Development Co. regarding a water line extension serving the Meier Industrial Park and the Jackson Soccer Park.
* Passed a motion approving task order authorization No. 05-07, in the amount of $96,470 to Smith & Co. Inc. of Poplar Bluff, Mo., for engineering services under the East Main Street extension construction services contract.
* Passed a bill proposing an ordinance accepting a Marilyn Drive right of way deed of dedication from Crown Properties of Jackson LLC.
* Passed a bill proposing an ordinance accepting the dedication of a utility and access easement deed, a water line and utility easement deed, and a sanitary sewer and utility easement deed from the Jackson Industrial Development Company.
* Passed a bill proposing an ordinance reclassifying and establishing pay rates for part-time members of the Jackson Fire Department.
Executive session request
* A motion was discussed to have an executive session to cover litigation, personnel and purchase of property.