- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Alpha O. Ricketts, 104, of Marble Hill died Monday, June 9, 2003, at Eldercare in Marble Hill.
She was born Feb. 11, 1899, at Lutesville, Mo., daughter of Edward and Julia Shenimann Reck. She and Chauncey Ricketts were married March 8, 1922, at Lutesville.
Ricketts was a member of First Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Joan Williams of Rolla, Mo.; eight grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her husband, three daughters, a son, a stepson, three sisters, a brother, a grandson, and a great-grandson.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill after 11 a.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Nancy Gillard officiating. Burial will be in Baker Cemetery.