- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
AUSTIN, Texas -- Daisy Palmer Calhoun, 92, of Austin, formerly of Mounds, Ill., died Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2005, at her home in Austin.
She was born Sept. 6, 1912, in Mounds, daughter of Roy and Ethel Helman Palmer.
Calhoun was an elementary school teacher for 42 years, teaching in Illinois, Florida and Texas. She was a member of St. John's Methodist Church in Orange, Texas, and was a graduate of Southern Illinois University.
Survivors include a daughter, Muriel Perkins, of Austin; a brother, Jim Palmer, of Charleston, Ill.; three sisters, Muriel "Mermie" Reeves of Pulaski, Ill., Marjorie Rives of Mounds, Eva Tuffley of San Marcos, Calif.; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Leon Calhoun; her parents; two brothers; and a sister.
Private graveside services will be at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Orange, Texas.
Announcement courtesy of Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill.