- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)11
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Support for new Oran police chief
To the editor:
In response to the story "Oran police chief will not change ways": Thank you for the article by Matt Sanders. It was a positive response contrary to the negative reporting we heard last week on television. I encourage chief Mark Tragresser to continue the current law-enforcement strategy and make it safe for everyone. In the end, I hope those who are objecting would have regrets if a family member were involved in a traffic fatality because the chief did not curb bad habits now.
DORIS EFTINK, Oran, Mo.