- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Support for new Oran police chief
To the editor:
In response to the story "Oran police chief will not change ways": Thank you for the article by Matt Sanders. It was a positive response contrary to the negative reporting we heard last week on television. I encourage chief Mark Tragresser to continue the current law-enforcement strategy and make it safe for everyone. In the end, I hope those who are objecting would have regrets if a family member were involved in a traffic fatality because the chief did not curb bad habits now.
DORIS EFTINK, Oran, Mo.