- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Support for new Oran police chief
To the editor:
In response to the story "Oran police chief will not change ways": Thank you for the article by Matt Sanders. It was a positive response contrary to the negative reporting we heard last week on television. I encourage chief Mark Tragresser to continue the current law-enforcement strategy and make it safe for everyone. In the end, I hope those who are objecting would have regrets if a family member were involved in a traffic fatality because the chief did not curb bad habits now.
DORIS EFTINK, Oran, Mo.