- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Support for new Oran police chief
To the editor:
In response to the story "Oran police chief will not change ways": Thank you for the article by Matt Sanders. It was a positive response contrary to the negative reporting we heard last week on television. I encourage chief Mark Tragresser to continue the current law-enforcement strategy and make it safe for everyone. In the end, I hope those who are objecting would have regrets if a family member were involved in a traffic fatality because the chief did not curb bad habits now.
DORIS EFTINK, Oran, Mo.