- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Support for new Oran police chief
To the editor:
In response to the story "Oran police chief will not change ways": Thank you for the article by Matt Sanders. It was a positive response contrary to the negative reporting we heard last week on television. I encourage chief Mark Tragresser to continue the current law-enforcement strategy and make it safe for everyone. In the end, I hope those who are objecting would have regrets if a family member were involved in a traffic fatality because the chief did not curb bad habits now.
DORIS EFTINK, Oran, Mo.