- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
State digest 08/11/05
Chaffee man arrested on meth charges
BENTON, Mo. -- A Chaffee, Mo., man was in custody Wednesday after his arrest on drug charges Tuesday night. The Scott County Sheriff's Department reported that Samuel S. Dicks, 43, was arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute and possession of drug paraphernalia, with a bond of $250,000. Police said a search warrant served Tuesday at Dicks' residence yielded methamphetamine, a large amount of cash and instruments to weigh and package drugs.
Part of Interstate 55 reduced to one lane
Interstate 55 southbound will be reduced to one lane near old Highway 74 for about one week as crews make repairs to a damaged guard rail. The rail was damaged in an accident earlier in the week.
-- From wire reports