- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Daphna N. Bruening, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Aug. 8, 2005, at Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 21, 1915, at Kennett, Mo., daughter of Daniel W. and Eva Hearn Sanford. She married Leo F. Bruening, who died Jan. 3, 1996.
Bruening had worked at Libson Shops. She was a member of Grace United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Debra Williamson of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Leon Sanford of St. Louis; and a grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. today at Fairmount Cemetery, with the Rev. Eric Snyder officiating.