- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Anderson cut for violating team rules
ST. LOUIS -- Cornerback Dwight Anderson, who had been competing for the St. Louis Rams nickel back job, was released Tuesday for violating team rules.
Rams coach Mike Martz would not comment on the nature of the transgression. A Rams employee said Anderson missed curfew over the weekend.
"It's purely a situation that occurred that regretfully, I felt like I needed to do that," Martz said. "I hated that we had to do this, but I felt I had to do it.
"We have some rules that were affected, and we chose to release him."
Anderson was one of two undrafted rookies to spend the entire season with the Rams last year. He played in 12 games and had 10 special teams tackles, tied for fifth on the team.
"I guess he broke a rule, and coach is a stickler on rules," cornerback Corey Ivy said. "If you break a rule you have to be punished. I'm sorry to see him go."
Anderson's release could provide a chance for Ivy, who signed with the Rams after playing three seasons with the Bucs.
"I'm just going out there practicing and working hard," Ivy said. "If eyes open, then they do. If not, I'm just going to keep doing the things I've been doing."
Ivy is wearing No. 35, the jersey formerly worn by Aeneas Williams. Williams ended last season on injured reserve and likely has retired, but has not made any announcement.