- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)7
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Former Flames forward McAmmond joins St. Louis
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Blues added depth to their forward line Tuesday, signing free agent left wing Dean McAmmond.
The Blues also re-signed defenseman Bryce Salvador and announced that forwards Eric Boguniecki and Colin Hemingway had accepted qualifying offers.
After trading captain Chris Pronger to the Edmonton Oilers last week, general manager Larry Pleau said he had room in the budget to add a forward. McAmmond had 17 goals and 13 assists in 2003-04 for the Calgary Flames, helping them advance to the Stanley Cup finals.
In 12 seasons, he has 327 points on 135 goals and 192 assists, along with 354 penalty minutes in 645 career games.
"Dean is a player who immediately adds speed and quickness to our roster, and that was a top priority for us," Pleau said.
During the NHL lockout, McAmmond skated for the Albany River Rats of the AHL and led the team in scoring with 61 points, including 19 goals, in 79 games.
Salvador has played his entire NHL career with the Blues. In 281 regular-season games over four seasons he has 40 points and 289 penalty minutes.
Salvador, who is 6-2 and 214 pounds, had a career best plus-minus rating of plus-7 in 2002-03.