- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Perryville, Mo. -- Arlous W. Abernathy, 95, of Perryville died Sunday, Aug. 7, 2005, at Perry County Nursing Home.
He was born Dec. 22, 1909, son of Edward and Mary Cox Abernathy. He and Ruby Farrar were married Nov. 29, 1933. She died Sept. 3, 1995.
Abernathy was a farmer and truck driver. He was a charter member of Calvary Baptist Church where he held various offices.
Survivors include five sons, Wilfred Abernathy of Perryville, Ronald Abernathy of Gordonville, Ivan Abernathy of Brooksfield, Fla., Gary Abernathy of St. Louis, Lynn Abernathy of Moorpark, Calif.; five daughters, Dorothy Wichern of Washington, Ark., Viola Cooper of Calimesa, Calif., Janet Hadler and Carol Kluender, both of Perryville, Kathaleen Gundling of Friendswood, Texas; two brothers, Paul Abernathy of Sullivan, Mo., Bob Abernathy of Perryville, Mo.; 30 grandchildren; 39 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, two brothers, three sisters and two grandchildren.
Friends may call from 6:30 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Don Estes and Jeremy Gundling officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.