- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Thanks for CROP sales donations
To the editor:
Once again, thank you to our caring community for supporting the 36th annual Church Women United CROP sale and salad luncheon. We are indebted to all who donated so generously as well as the many workers from all churches, including those from Young Life and the Notre Dame Regional High School youths. A special thanks to Centenary United Methodist Church for use of its facility and staff.
The profit from the sale and luncheon will benefit Young Life, a career and technology scholarship and a Church World Service project to purchase a heifer, water buffalo and llama.
Our sincere thanks.
DOLLY JEWEL, JOYCE KING and CAROL SIMON, Chairs, Church Women United CROP Sale, Cape Girardeau