- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Thanks for CROP sales donations
To the editor:
Once again, thank you to our caring community for supporting the 36th annual Church Women United CROP sale and salad luncheon. We are indebted to all who donated so generously as well as the many workers from all churches, including those from Young Life and the Notre Dame Regional High School youths. A special thanks to Centenary United Methodist Church for use of its facility and staff.
The profit from the sale and luncheon will benefit Young Life, a career and technology scholarship and a Church World Service project to purchase a heifer, water buffalo and llama.
Our sincere thanks.
DOLLY JEWEL, JOYCE KING and CAROL SIMON, Chairs, Church Women United CROP Sale, Cape Girardeau