- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
TAMMS, Ill. -- James H. Miller, 85, of Tamms died Monday, June 9, 2003, at his home.
He was born Sept. 28, 1917, in Union County, son of Henry and Florence Edwards Miller. He and Ruby Jewell Lamb were married Feb. 17, 1945. She died Sept. 1, 1990.
Miller was a farmer and raised cattle. He was a member of Sandy Creek Baptist Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Brenda Russell of McAllen, Texas, Priscilla Viamontes of Tamms; two sons, Scott and Allen Miller of Tamms; two sisters, Etta Lincoln of McClure, Ill., Mabelle Youngblood of Cape Girardeau; nine grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four sisters.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Clint Nale officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery at McClure.