- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cards' top pitching prospect to make MLB debut tonight
MILWAUKEE -- Right-hander Anthony Reyes, the top pitching prospect in the St. Louis Cardinals organization, will make his major league debut tonight at Milwaukee.
Manager Tony La Russa, whose team has just one off day this month, said Monday that he'll activate Reyes before the game and that the pitcher will likely be sent back to Triple-A Memphis afterward.
The 23-year-old Reyes was 7-4 with a 3.44 ERA in 19 starts at Memphis. He also was impressive in four spring training starts for the Cardinals.
"I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow," La Russa said. "If he's himself, he'll give us a chance to win."