- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape man sentenced for drug possession
A Cape Girardeau man was sentenced to more than eight years in federal prison Monday on charges of possessing crack cocaine.
U.S. District Judge Catherine Perry sentenced Lewis C. Curry, 37, to 100 months in prison and an additional four years of supervised probation following his release.
Curry pleaded guilty to charges that on Dec. 30, 2004, he was in possession of six grams of crack when the car he was riding in was stopped in New Madrid County. He admitted he intended to sell the drugs, authorities said.