- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jonesboro, Ill., woman hurt in single-car accident
UNION COUNTY, Ill. -- An 86-year-old Jonesboro, Ill., woman suffered serious injuries following a one-car accident in Union County Sunday morning, according to the Illinois State Police.
Police said the crash occurred around 9 a.m. on Old Cape Road, just south of Kornthal Church Road, when the woman ran off the left side of the road, overcorrected and ran off the ride side of the road, overturning several times in a cornfield.
The driver was taken to Union County Hospital and then transferred to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. An investigation of the crash is still pending and the driver's name isn't being released at this time.