- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Jonesboro, Ill., woman hurt in single-car accident
UNION COUNTY, Ill. -- An 86-year-old Jonesboro, Ill., woman suffered serious injuries following a one-car accident in Union County Sunday morning, according to the Illinois State Police.
Police said the crash occurred around 9 a.m. on Old Cape Road, just south of Kornthal Church Road, when the woman ran off the left side of the road, overcorrected and ran off the ride side of the road, overturning several times in a cornfield.
The driver was taken to Union County Hospital and then transferred to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. An investigation of the crash is still pending and the driver's name isn't being released at this time.