- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Mark Mathis, 37, of Sikeston died Monday, June 9, 2003, at Clearview Nursing Center.
He was born Aug. 30, 1965, at Sikeston, son of Robert L. and Carol Sue Davis Mathis. She and Becky Aycock were married Nov. 18, 2001, at Charleston, Mo.
Mathis was a former truck driver with W.W. Wood in Broseley, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Mark Mathis of Morehouse, Mo., Devon Aycock of Sikeston; a daughter, Ashley Mathis of Indianapolis, Ind.; his mother, Carol Whitchurch of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; a half brother, Steve Wheatley of Crocker, Mo.; a half sister, Mary Masegian of Morehouse; and stepmother, Marilyn Mathis of Morehouse.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter after 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Etsel Davis officiating. Burial will be in Hagy Cemetery at Dexter.