- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Russell Alford Sitzes, 75, of Granbury, Texas, died Saturday, June 7, 2003, in Granbury.
He was born May 27, 1928, in Cape Girardeau. He and Ellen Camille Caldwell were married Oct. 28, 1950, at Andrews Air Force Base.
Sitzes served in the U.S. Air Force from 1946 to 1969. He was a life member of VFW in Azle, Texas.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Gregory and Kenneth Sitzes of Granbury, Kevin Sitzes of Katy, Texas; two daughters, Janice Shannon of Sherman, Texas, Doris McIntosh of Houston, Texas; and two grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at First Baptist Church in Granbury.
Wiley Funeral Home in Granbury is in charge of arrangements.