- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Kenneth F. Brewer, 65, of Sikeston died Sunday, June 8, 2003, at his home.
He was born Feb. 20, 1938, at Bell City, Mo., son of Earl and Della Faye Lingle Brewer. He and Kay Leen Schroeder were married April 3, 1971, in East Moline, Ill.
Brewer was a self-employed electrical and building contractor.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; his mother of Sikeston; two daughters, Shelly Stepp of Advance, Mo., Jennifer Lewis of Sikeston; two brothers, Harold and Glen Brewer of Sikeston; three sisters, Wanda Moring of Nixa, Mo., Brenda Varvel of Sikeston, Thelma Slayton of Canalou, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Blanchard Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. J.D. McClard officiating. Burial will be in Blodgett Cemetery at Blodgett, Mo., with full military rites by Missouri Honors Program.