- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Juanita M. Sebastian Popp, 80, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2005, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born Dec. 28, 1924, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Albert and Mary Cook Sebastian. She and Richard Popp were married Aug. 17, 1947, in Cape Girardeau. He died Nov. 20, 1998.
Mrs. Popp was a member of Grace United Methodist Church and Sanders Circle of United Methodist Women, and American Legion Auxiliary Post 63.
Survivors include three sons, Gerald Popp, Larry Popp and wife Tammy, Joe Popp and wife Abby, all of Cape Girardeau; a brother, William Sebastian of Greenville, Mo.; and a sister, Iona Williams of Cape Girardeau.
Also 11 grandchildren, Jennifer Martin, Joanne King, Jonathan Popp and wife Lesley, Jamie Popp, Brian Popp, Justin Popp, Cory Popp and wife Amber, Jackie Popp, Jessie Popp, Rikki Popp and William Popp; two great-grandchildren, Tabitha Martin and Natalie Popp.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a son, Kermit Popp; and a brother, Buddy Sebastian.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Scott Moon officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Brian Popp, Justin Popp, Jonathan Popp, Chris Shaw, Tim Becker and Todd Metje.
Memorials may be made to Grace United Methodist Church, Broadway and Caruthers, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.