- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jackson boys team reaches Cal Ripken World Series
The Jackson 12-year-old Cal Ripken baseball team completed a dominating run through the Midwest Plains Regional in Dickinson, N.D., on Tuesday.
Jackson defeated Waite Park, Minn., 11-7 in the championship game to capture the title in the nine-team event. Jackson now advances to the Cal Ripken World Series Aug. 12-21 in Aberdeen, Md.
Jackson went 5-0 in the Midwest Plains Regional, outscoring the opposition 66-13. The other victories were by scores of 13-3, 14-0, 14-2 and 14-1.