- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
John E. Davis, 80, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Aug. 19, 1924, in Cape Girardeau, son of Harry E. and Alma Klughart Davis. He and Evelyn Sachse were married Dec. 24, 1943, in Cape Girardeau.
Davis worked at Missouri Utilities, was former owner and operator of Scott Shoe Co., was a salesman with Daycoa Lighting, and worked part time at Brown Shoe Co. He was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II in the Pacific Theater.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Brenda Werkheiser of Euless, Texas, Gloria Wallace of Morley, Mo.; a brother, Gary Davis of New Bloomfield, Mo.; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Dr. Derek Staples officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.