- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Appreciation from The Bridge
To the editor:
I am so thankful to the Southeast Missourian, and in particular Scott Moyers, for the positive articles written about cooperative ministry going on in south Cape Girardeau with New Bethel Baptist Church and La Croix United Methodist Church. We have had people from the community calling and asking how they can help and get involved because of the exposure The Bridge has received. Truly, thank you so very much.
We also want everyone to know that both the ministry and the remodeling work have been cooperative efforts. Many of New Bethel's members have been applying their carpentry skills to renovate The Bridge as well as La Croix members. In fact, in less than one month, over 70 people from various churches have helped with the renovation. Our hope is that The Bridge is a place for volunteers from any and all churches to be involved, because the ministry there is as much about finding new relationships and friends across racial, cultural and denominational boundaries as it is about the programs themselves.
Once again, thank you for the excellent article and editorial.
ROB MEHNER, Spiritual Formation Pastor, La Croix United Methodist Church, Cape Girardeau