- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
- Cape's casino flourishing as it celebrates fifth year (10/22/17)3
Appreciation from The Bridge
To the editor:
I am so thankful to the Southeast Missourian, and in particular Scott Moyers, for the positive articles written about cooperative ministry going on in south Cape Girardeau with New Bethel Baptist Church and La Croix United Methodist Church. We have had people from the community calling and asking how they can help and get involved because of the exposure The Bridge has received. Truly, thank you so very much.
We also want everyone to know that both the ministry and the remodeling work have been cooperative efforts. Many of New Bethel's members have been applying their carpentry skills to renovate The Bridge as well as La Croix members. In fact, in less than one month, over 70 people from various churches have helped with the renovation. Our hope is that The Bridge is a place for volunteers from any and all churches to be involved, because the ministry there is as much about finding new relationships and friends across racial, cultural and denominational boundaries as it is about the programs themselves.
Once again, thank you for the excellent article and editorial.
ROB MEHNER, Spiritual Formation Pastor, La Croix United Methodist Church, Cape Girardeau