- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)7
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
Appreciation from The Bridge
To the editor:
I am so thankful to the Southeast Missourian, and in particular Scott Moyers, for the positive articles written about cooperative ministry going on in south Cape Girardeau with New Bethel Baptist Church and La Croix United Methodist Church. We have had people from the community calling and asking how they can help and get involved because of the exposure The Bridge has received. Truly, thank you so very much.
We also want everyone to know that both the ministry and the remodeling work have been cooperative efforts. Many of New Bethel's members have been applying their carpentry skills to renovate The Bridge as well as La Croix members. In fact, in less than one month, over 70 people from various churches have helped with the renovation. Our hope is that The Bridge is a place for volunteers from any and all churches to be involved, because the ministry there is as much about finding new relationships and friends across racial, cultural and denominational boundaries as it is about the programs themselves.
Once again, thank you for the excellent article and editorial.
ROB MEHNER, Spiritual Formation Pastor, La Croix United Methodist Church, Cape Girardeau