- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Two-vehicle accident injures St. Louis motorist
A St. Louis man suffered serious injuries Monday evening in a crash in northern Scott County, the Missouri State Highway Patrol reported.
Fred Noah, 68, was taken by helicopter to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau for treatment.
Noah was driving southbound, exiting Interstate 55 when he failed to stop at a stop sign, the patrol reported. His 1989 Mazda hit the side of a 2005 Honda driven by Amanda Scherer, 24, of Scott City, causing severe damage to both vehicles.
Scherer was west bound on Highway 77 at the time of the accident, which occurred about 1 mile west of Benton, the patrol reported.